DIP Tokenomics Ideas

Hi,

I wanted to open a bit of a discussion about the tokenomics of the DIP token and see if we can potentially come to some conclusions that might be beneficial for not only the token but the longevity of the Etherisc protocol its self.

I am relatively new to Etherisc but have been reading up on it trying to get a good understanding of how everything works so I apologise if anything I write here is incorrect, please correct me if this is the case, i just feel like joining in and discussing with the community and team is a good way to help everyone involved be on the same page.

I have been thinking about this a bit lately and I feel like the network could gain a considerable amount of traction if the token had economics associated with it that would attract more holders.

More holders would then lead to more product awareness, more product awareness would then lead to more network usage which would then be beneficial for everyone involved.

Some general ideas I’ve been toying with that could come into play are as follows:

• A percentage of all premiums paid in the DIP token could be burned thus reducing the total supply and proving tokenomics that crypto investors seek, more investors leads to more users and more product awareness.

• I do not think that early holders should be entitled to higher returns from premiums than newer holders, any potential returns should be issued on an equal basis per DIP token held. Early holders will instead reap the benefits of token price appreciation, they do not need to double-dip here as this reduces the incentive for new holders which in turn impacts the potential growth of the network.

• Not sure if this is already the case but it would be beneficial if all fees relating to premiums were required to be paid in the DIP token, I understand that this could be limiting in some instances but at the same time I’m sure there would be a way to create a bridge where anyone wanting to pay a premium could use fiat which then purchases DIP on market to pay the premium.

This is all I have so far, would love to hear feedback on my thoughts and other ideas if any of you have any.

1 Like

I agree. Encouraging wider use of the token would raise interest in the project. This is a no-brainer.

Currently, the token is “hibernating.” Etherisc could get involved on some others DEXes aside from Uniswap.

Take a look, for example, at Carbonswap: https://docs.carbonswap.exchange/

J. Nald

1 Like