Which products would you like to see next on our Platform?

Select one or more products!
  • FlightDelay insurance
  • Baggage insurance
  • Crop Insurance (impact insurance)
  • Mobile / Electronics Insurance
  • Household insurance
  • Carbon footprint insurance
  • Wedding insurance (bad weather)
  • Smart Contract Insurance (Hacks/exploits)
  • Crypto Wallet insurance
  • Hurricane insurance
  • Life insurance
  • Health insurance
  • Car insurance

0 voters

1 Like

I want to see all these insurances, Crop insurance should expand all over the world. Flight Delay next

7 Likes

I know how hard life insurances are, but hell yeah those ofcourse!

3 Likes

Crypto wallet insurance seems the best.

How many Bitcoin, Ethereum and other tokens have been lost to people forgetting their pks?
I’d imagine a considerable amount. Indeed, many people lose their wallet funds falling for phishing scams and other malicious activities.

It’s the common denominator between everyone involved in crypto - we all have funds stored in wallets that we want to keep safe at all costs.

4 Likes

I would think smart contract insurance to be relatively easy to add compared to other products, plus the market is ready for more suppliers of that service.

6 Likes

I agree that crypto related insurance seems like a logical next step (after FDI & Crop Insurance), the demand will grow with crypto getting more adaption and many newbies coming in.
I guess health insurance might be complex and difficult to set up (relying on long history of data), but weather related insurance might be easier to implement using easily accessible data and a growing demand.

3 Likes

Voted, but was not exactly sure what carbon footprint insurance is?

3 Likes

I especially like the insurance for crypto related services, like the crypto wallet insurance and the smart contract insurance. This is a niche with not many competitors. It’s not that big, but I for sure think there is a big future for that because where is risk, there is demand for insurance. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

This is a pretty good article explaining it.

https://www.scor.com/en/media/news-press-releases/carbon-footprinting-methodology-underwriting-portfolios

2 Likes

we hear you - stay tuned :wink:

4 Likes

don’t leak alpha ser :wink:

2 Likes

I would do a working product for flight insurance, Its taking too long and will be the first of his kind. Community will see something of use. Plus, the dev. grants can take Etherisc to another level.
Otherwise will make not sense for me to change paths.

3 Likes

Agree. FlightDelay will go live by end of year, and while it may not seem a product with a huge business case, it is a good prototype for other parametric insurance. Once we have FlightDelay, other products with similar risk structure can be launched with ease!

5 Likes

Yes, I agree on that one. :+1: Since the product is already in progress, that needs to be deployed first. I mean crypto solutions seem like a more useful insurance product for the coming years. People don’t fly much now… :smirk:

3 Likes

Thanks for replying. So exiting to see the FlightDelay in production, adoption may come sooner than expected! Anyway it will prove how Eth can be of value for citizens needs in something else than finance, this is key IMO.
Did you think about integrations with Aragon Courts and/or yield aggregators?

Now that they’ve gotten around the regulations and legalities regarding insurance I would think more will be coming sooner than we think :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Health insurance based on your crypto wallet balance would be interesting.

Could you explain in a few lines?

This is a half baked idea but somehow the ability to offer health insurance with a premium tied to your wallet in some way. Not entirely sure how it would work.

Flight delay is good, I hope It will be done in 2020 Dec. but Crypto wallet insurance is the best

3 Likes