Should there be a minimum DIP requirement to provide liquidity? Should there be a fixed sum or a ratio of the provided liquidity?

From blog post: https://blog.etherisc.com/here-is-our-plan-for-the-next-few-months-6a7fcbc5e01e

1 Like

I do not think there should be a required minimum to provide liquidity.

2 Likes

Hi Jen, the idea behind this is that we should somehow reward DIP token holders, who have funded the whole development of the platform. People earning money by providing risk capital and receiving parts of the premiums should hold some reasonable Amount of DIP tokens, or alternatively, we could distribute rewards in proportion to DIP tokens held for the time for which the rewards are paid. What do you think?

3 Likes

The problem I see with rewarding DIP holders with a ‘reasonable amount’ of tokens is that it doesn’t neccessarily mean they funded the platform development, what about token sale contributors who bought smaller amounts but never sold? Of course it also depends on the dimension we’re taking about, is a reasonable amount rather 5k or 50k $DIP?
I personally like the idea of giving everybody the chance to contribute and distribute rewards in proportion to the amount of locked tokens.

3 Likes

For a smart contract it’s difficult to determine if someone has bought at TGE/ICO and never sold. What about people who bought in two weeks after TGE? Shouldn’t they receive a reward? I think it is common sense to reward the current tokenholders if they lock their tokens for the time they receive the rewards.

1 Like

Sure and that’s not what I meant, it was just supposed to mean that early contribution doesn’t imply big amounts of tokens. Therefore, I prefer the second suggestions you’ve made (not excluding small bag holders, but rewarding everyone in proportion to their bags).

3 Likes

Ah. Ok. I understand. I think early liquidity providers should be rewarded with Dip, and that it should be open to smaller bagholders as well.

I really like this idea!

2 Likes

10,000 DIP should be the bare minimum. It should actually be like 50k, but 10k should work for now. You want to have a minimum though so you entice people to buy at least a certain level of DIP to be able to participate. It gives people a goal. Obviously, rewarded DIP for staking should be sent out proportional to what you’ve put in, so by ratio. Otherwise you will not attract larger holders of the token to the pool.

1 Like

Agree, a number between 10-50K is what we had in mind also.

1 Like

I think 10k should be minimum. Appeal to and include those that can’t necessarily afford more but would still like to support and invest in the project.

A minimal requirement should not be in place, everybody should be able to take part in this inclusive insurance concept, regardless of their capital. Then rewards should be distributed depending on how much you stake. Higher risk by staking more should earn a larger reward.
Plus, third-party staking pools will take away minimun requirements anyways.

1 Like

I understood one of the key benefits of the Etherisc project is inclusion, people who are frozen out of insurance being finally able to get insurance etc. For staking, I believe all DIP holders should be able to stake their tokens and be rewarded proportionally. Staking being available is an incentive in itself for people to buy the token. Setting a minimum amount to be allowed to stake seems exclusive to me.

1 Like

I want to support this project but we need staking and quickly. Are there any updates on this?

1 Like

Agreed. Copy Sushi swap